The RV is still in the shop (long story) and the trailer is still being built, so I’m sort of in between projects. I worked on this Onan Marquis 7000 generator for a little extra money and thought it might be interesting to some of you.
Note: This is NOT the generator from our RV. This is from a stage trailer that my church bought.
When I got the generator it wasn’t running. Once I got it running it wouldn’t produce any power. It turned out the carbs were all gunked up, the voltage regulator was bad, and the brushes needed cleaning.
Before we take our ’99 Monaco Dynasty on the road, I decided to perform a full maintenance service. I quickly learned there was more involved than I first thought. Over $1000 dollars in fluids/ filters and 2 weeks of research led me to this…
By the end of the weekend I changed the oil, air, and fuel filter in our Onan 7500 generator. Changed the fluid and filters in the hydraulic system, and replaced the fuel filters and diesel engine oil.