This was my second attempt changing out the bushings in our 1999 Monaco Dynasty. I should have learned my lesson the first time. Maybe I’m being a little dramatic, but nothing is more frustrating than spending all day on a project only to end up worse off.
I took the RV to a semi-truck suspension shop and they are having an extremely hard time. I feel a little better knowing that it was a difficult job for a reason, but I’m not looking forward to the extra hours on the bill.
For some reason my camera didn’t record that I used a very diluted lye/water mix AFTER applying the stain to make the wood appear a little darker. That’s why the cut to the polyurethane looked a little darker. It didn’t work as well as using lye directly on the cherry, but it helped a little when things weren’t looking right.
Before we take our ’99 Monaco Dynasty on the road, I decided to perform a full maintenance service. I quickly learned there was more involved than I first thought. Over $1000 dollars in fluids/ filters and 2 weeks of research led me to this…
By the end of the weekend I changed the oil, air, and fuel filter in our Onan 7500 generator. Changed the fluid and filters in the hydraulic system, and replaced the fuel filters and diesel engine oil.